Two other women and I have been working most of the school year on putting together a "vehicle unit" for our assistive tech department. The idea is speech, OT and PT departments from different schools can check it out and use it for up to one month. We have a big tub full of cars, toys, switches and lessons to go with all. There is everything from patterning with cars, to books about cars, to puzzles about cars. I even wrote a book about a taxi cab, targeting the basic concepts of "in, on, over, under, next to, etc." that is interactive. The kids have to put the taxi where the page says, "over the river" and the taxi attaches with velcro dots. I've used 2 sets of ink cartriges to print all the lessons and stuff in and have 2 3" binders full! One is stuff downloaded off the internet, the other is original lesson plans.
So here is the icing on the cake, so to speak. I made a quilt for the kids to drive the little Match Box cars on. The roads are oversized, I know, but it gives them lots of space for the cars. It's taken way too much time to complete and I'm glad it's done.
All of it is applique and all original design.