Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Another Quilt Pattern Attached: Quilts for Kids

Blog Entries

Another Quilt Pattern Attached: Quilts for Kids

I design patterns used by the Milwaukee Chapter of Quilts for Kids. We provide free patterns for our volunteers when they come and sew. If your city has a local Quilts for Kids, I encourage you to check them out. They are a great national organization. They are always looking for fabric, notions and some are looking for older sewing machines to use during charity sewing days. If you make a donation, you are eligible for a tax deduction, as they are a non-profit, 503c. I managed to sort out 144 yards from my stash last month. It was "baby, toddler and pre-teen " fabric from old quilts used for my kids and relatives . It was great to make so much room and to receive a tax donation for doing something thoughtful. It was a good incentive to keep going and organize/thin the stash.

I try to do one original quilt pattern every few days to keep it interesting. Here is the latest one: Yankee in the Desert. It is a Yankee Puzzle, 4 up and rotated. It was made for a teen who likes Southwest colors. For the pattern, we used 5" (finished) squares and 5" HST (cut at 5 7/8" using the technique of placing 2 squares, RST, on top of each other, and sewing 1/4" on either side of a line, drawn corner to corner. When those HST are cut down the center diagonal line, you will have 2 HST units). Assemble and add a top and bottom border, size of your choice. Binding shown is 3/4" finished. I hope you like this one.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

very nice of you (wow 144 yards from your stash must have lots of stash!)

Looks like an interesting pattern and you could do so many diffrent things depending on the material chosen.
    I am definately happy and very fulfilled when I am quilting, buying material or reading other quilter's messages on this quilting board.

Great pattern!

I too am involved with Quilt for kids in my area. I totally agree that this is a great organization. Nothing better than making quilts for children. I too recommend getting involved. They always need help and donations.
    Be a girl with a mind, a women with attitude and a lady with class.

GOD bless you
    Have a Blessed day
    Ellen

Great pattewrn, I, too, sew for and send to QFK.
    Retired teacher, loving it.
    Love quilting also.

Great design!
    Wayne & Gabriele, the married quilters.

Nice pattern.

How nice of you. I'm a Milwaukee native and had never heard of Quilts for Kids. Thank you!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast