My quilt group is doing a block swap where each of us picks a block and everyone else makes the nominator the block of their choice. As I have called this year the "year of using up scraps" I chose a simple block called weave the rails. When I received all my blocks and started putting them together that "pesky" 1/4" seam difference that seems to be evident between most sewing machines showed up something chronic so I decided that rather than re-sew most of the blocks I would have a bit of a play with the blocks and decided to go with chinese coins which is a much more accommodating pattern. For the quilting I just stitched 1/4" on the inside of each row and on the outside borders I did a cable pattern on the top and bottom and half cable pattern down the sides. Here is the result.