Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: anyone have a Jean S. Lyle Featherweight case?

in front of this dang computer instead of my Bernina!(Naples, Florida)
    Since the case for my new Featherweight, Bitsy, smells so bad I think I'm not going to use it. I found this online, and I'm wondering if any of you have one. What do you think? It's $50. But I bought Bitsy for travel, so I need a safe way to carry her.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I love those cases. Been looking at them online, and I want one. I went to two quilt shows in PA and Lyle was supposed to be there, but they were not. I would like to see one in person. Love it.

I've got one but haven't noticed any problem with the smell other than the "new canvas" smell which will wear off after awhile. You might want to call them. I found them very good to deal with and I'm really happy with the case.

Since I have a large embroidery machine and have two trolleys, I wanted something to protect my featherweight while in route, and opted for a plastic hanging file container purchased from Dollar Tree, Walmart has them too. This way, I can put my FW in my plastic container, put it in my trolley with other sewing accessories for quilting guild, and roll everything in. I also made a bag for my foot pedal so it would not scratch my machine. Just a suggestion and so smelly case :lol:
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Power Poster
    only think i have brought from jean is needles

in front of this dang computer instead of my Bernina!(Naples, Florida)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anne
    Since I have a large embroidery machine and have two trolleys, I wanted something to protect my featherweight while in route, and opted for a plastic hanging file container purchased from Dollar Tree, Walmart has them too. This way, I can put my FW in my plastic container, put it in my trolley with other sewing accessories for quilting guild, and roll everything in. I also made a bag for my foot pedal so it would not scratch my machine. Just a suggestion and so smelly case :lol:
    Now that's a great idea, and very affordable!! I'll go grab one. Thanks for saving me $50! And you are so sweet to take the trouble of photographing and uploading. HUGS!!

Jean Lyle so often has just the right accessory - and this is one, for sure. The cost is only part of the value. That shoulder strap looks like the best part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by MaryAnnMc
    Quote Originally Posted by Anne
    Now that's a great idea, and very affordable!! I'll go grab one. Thanks for saving me $50! And you are so sweet to take the trouble of photographing and uploading. HUGS!!

I failed to add, I DO NOT use the handle on top to carry the case/machine. I pick it on each side and although I do have the original case for my FW, it does have a smell, this case is perfect for me.

I've had one of their cases for probably 10 years. I love it. Never even take my original case out of the storage area. It is designed to protect your machine. Sides are padded and it is very sturdily (is that a word?) constructed. I thin it is $50 well spent. I've also ordered parts from them and have been satisfied