Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Arizona Proud

Arizona Proud

I am so excited about this quilt. I belong to the Optimist Club of Mesa and we will be holding our 53rd Annual Barbeque for Sunshine Acres Childrens Home on 2/24/13. We have pit-barbeque beef, western beans, coleslaw, rolls and pie and usually feed 2000+ people. I also quilt with a group of ladies and we appliqued this quilt top and my best friend who is a LAQ did custom quilting on each individual block. It is SO-O-O-O-O beautiful that I had a hard time letting it go. We call it "Arizona Proud" and it was completed in 2012 for our state centennial. It is a little larger than a lap quilt. This will be the raffle quilt as an additional fundraiser with the winner being drawn at the barbeque.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by jnagy1206; 01-26-2013 at 06:45 PM.
    JEAN

Oh my....that quilt is fabulous! What a great job you all did.

Blog Entries
    We lived in Arizona (Gold Canyon) from 1986-2006 and participated a lot with Sunshine Acres thru our church. What an awesome quilt - and have already contacted my friend at my church to see about raffle tickets! Or, are you selling them? Love, love, love this! Could you pm me if you are??? please?

love the southwestern appeal of this quilt!
    Happy Stitching! Kim

Power Poster
    ​I bet you will be buying a bunch of tickets for yourself. Wonderful quilt!

this is beautiful, great job Ladies!! BTW...hello from another quilter in Mesa

Quote Originally Posted by jnagy1206 View Post
    I am so excited about this quilt. I belong to the Optimist Club of Mesa and we will be holding our 53rd Annual Barbeque for Sunshine Acres Childrens Home on 2/24/13. We have pit-barbeque beef, western beans, coleslaw, rolls and pie and usually feed 2000+ people. I also quilt with a group of ladies and we appliqued this quilt top and my best friend who is a LAQ did custom quilting on each individual block. It is SO-O-O-O-O beautiful that I had a hard time letting it go. We call it "Arizona Proud" and it was completed in 2012 for our state centennial. It is a little larger than a lap quilt. This will be the raffle quilt as an additional fundraiser with the winner being drawn at the barbeque.
    SUEB

Blog Entries
    my favorite is the devil

i love the work you all did here! its got so much variety to look at! whoever wins this will definitely have a prize! have fun and enjoy the day!
    A rolling stone gathers no moss

That's a great quilt!

That quilt is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!! It truly captures the essence of Arizona. What a great cause too.
    I used to live in Arizona and did a little bit at Sunshine Acres through Boeing volunteerism. They are a great organization.
    And yes please let us know if you are selling tickets for out of staters.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast