Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: ATCs and Zentangle

I am taking a quilting class and at our last session we are going to exchange quilted ATCs (artist trading cards). (I didn't know what it stood for at first, either.)
    Here are mine - I like how colorful they are. I'd never done anything like this before. They measure 2 1/2 by 3 1/2 inches.

Next, is my version of a "zentangle" quilt. I was inspired by seeing a few others on this board and decided to give it a try. Now my sketchbook is filled with really fun doodles and I am definitely going to try another little quilt in this method!
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Blog Entries
    Very cute. I've never heard of these before.

Are my pictures showing up? I can't see them so I think they aren't there.

OK, now they are up:)

Nice

Blog Entries
    Debka, those Artists Trading Cards are great. I've been experimenting with them too will post some in a day or two when they are finished. Did you colour them with fabric pens or water colour pencils? I've coloured my fabric and am now drawing on it. I'm also playing with stiching the designs as quilting. It's really fun. Good work Thanks for showing these.

Nice work! Great journal too! :thumbup:

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs B
    Debka, those Artists Trading Cards are great. I've been experimenting with them too will post some in a day or two when they are finished. Did you colour them with fabric pens or water colour pencils? I've coloured my fabric and am now drawing on it. I'm also playing with stiching the designs as quilting. It's really fun. Good work Thanks for showing these.
    Thanks Mrs. B. I look forward to seeing yours. I have been experimenting (in the class I made the ATCs for) with painting fabric, but these were all made from blocks that I had made a while ago and never used. I had been trying some D9P blocks but didn't love them, so I decided to use them for the ATCs. Then I appliqued the hand design on top and I chose that particular fabric because it looked like finger whorls and palm lines in skin.
    I did like finishing the edges with a simple zigzag stitch instead of traditional binding. I like the rough and primitive look of it, and wow, was it quick!

Blog Entries
    great work!