I created this quilt top from an image of a pattern I saw. I didn't have the pattern. It worked well for me for using a large scale print that I didn't want to cut too small.
The two individual block components are Square in a Square, and Indian Star.
Then I got a few suggestions on the board last spring for making the borders. (The burnt orange fabric was a fQ I got from my son for Mother's day, and I wanted to incorporate it right away into this project that I had just started the day before. It was not part of my original idea but I like it now.) This is a very generous full size.
The top sat around for a while: a lady in waiting, as they say. It has been professionally quilted. The quilter and I collaborated quite a bit on the quilting theme of the quilt. We both love it and I am so pleased!