I just finished assembling the top of a lap quilt I'm making as a Christmas present for my DH's grandmother. Each block has 60 pieces - it took me about 6 weeks to make 12 blocks! I picked such a complicated pattern because Baba is Ukrainian and the block (All Hallows Variation from Quilter's Cache) reminds me of the patterns on some of the Ukrainian painted Easter eggs. Baba doesn't speak any English, so I'll have to get my MIL to explain that to her.
The picture of the single block shows the colours of the fabrics much better. I went with muted reds and greens rather than bright Christmas colours so that she can use it all winter.
I think this is the quilt that's going to make me start keeping some sort of log book or record of my quilts - because it was so much work, and I'm really quite proud of how well the piecing turned out.
I'm hoping I can get it sandwiched and quilted in time for Guild show-and-tell on Monday!
Baba's Christmas lap quilt
All Hallows Variation block