Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Baby bibs for a charity... super easy!

I made a bunch of baby bibs for a guild charity. I bought the wash clothes at BigLots for about $.80 a piece, so all together, with the velcro fasteners, they are about $1.25 to make. I am seriously thinking about making a bunch of these to sell at a craft bazaar this Christmas. Do you think $5.00 a piece is too much? They take about 20-25 minutes to make each one.

I barely got these on the couch to take a picture before our cat had to come check them out!
    Name:  Attachment-69649.jpe
Views: 98
Size:  56.0 KB

absolutely adorable! price them at your max, you can always go down but you can't go up!

Those are really cute. They would probably see well at a bazaar. You could make seasonal ones. Applique a little pumpkin, tree, santa etc. Maybe a 1 for a first birthday. I'm sure the possibilities are endless. Good luck.

sounds like a good price to me, you can always lower a price but you can't put it up. maybe $5.50 and 2 for $10.00
    love the cat

I will have to find some other projects to add to this. Last Christmas, my son bought me a pincushion that looked like a cupcake. He spent $5.00 on it. I am sure I could make it for a lot less. I might do some of those too. I also have some towel aprons I've made to go over the handle of the kitchen stove, so those would sell too. I guess what I don't sell could become Christmas gifts for my friends and family. Any other good bazaar ideas?

Cute bibs!! Gorgeous quilt inspector too!! I see your quilt inspector likes them too!

I made several similar to your baby bibs except with hand towels for adult bibs. I had baby bibs left at the end of the show but sold every last adult bib. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanniejo
    I made several similar to your baby bibs except with hand towels for adult bibs. I had baby bibs left at the end of the show but sold every last adult bib. Just a thought.
    Hmmm... that is an idea. I should make some for my own children (5 and 8) for when they are wearing light colored clothes and eating pizza!

Last night (I think) I saw a post on criss cross coasters. Those would make a good bazaar item and could probably use up a lot of scraps.

I really like these bibs, do you have a pattern?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast