Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Baby girl quilts finally in the mail

Baby girl quilts finally in the mail

I asked for some ideas for quilting these a while back, so am posting what emerged.

The first one is my favorite -- not quite random, bright colors. It is the one I was nervous about giving to an artist.

The second is an I Spy with all kinds of characters. Down the backing is a sliceof fabric with cans of bug spray, which fits my sick sense of humor..
    Attached Images Attached Images   Click to view large image  Click to view large image  Click to view large image 

Blog Entries
    both are great and LOVE your bug spray LOL
    Nancy in western NY

Blog Entries
    you have some really cute fabric

nice

Those are great and sure to be enjoyed by all. Glad to see I am not the only one who has that kind of sense of humor!

I love them both!!! On the first one the colors are so beautiful together and WHAT is the fabric in that wide inner border....looks like a landscape fabric? I've been looking for a panel or fabric like that to do an attic window with. The I Spy is great....and love the fabric on the back too! I'll bet they'll both be greatly loved!

Quote Originally Posted by Pollytink View Post
    I love them both!!! On the first one the colors are so beautiful together and WHAT is the fabric in that wide inner border....looks like a landscape fabric? I've been looking for a panel or fabric like that to do an attic window with. The I Spy is great....and love the fabric on the back too! I'll bet they'll both be greatly loved!
    That inner border is a Monet garden made for Hancock Fabrics. I tried to find more of it, but could not (I have had it as long as 10 years). Thanks for your thanks!

Power Poster
    Love them both!

I think your artist friend will *love* your quilt--all I can say is WOW! and the other is so cute. The bug spray fabric is perfect--thanks for sharing the photos and making so many of us smile

Your quilt is great! I DO want to add a word of caution...make sure you insure the quilts when sending. I just sent one to my niece in Gt. Falls, MT....and it was STOLEN off her front porch!!!!!!!!!!! And of course, I didn't insure it...any of you who live in that area...keep an eye out for a hot pink, large center, Sun Bonnet Sue quilt that may have come into someone's life without explanation....and then let me know! I'm really upset about it! It may still have her name appliqued in large letters down the side "Sidney"...Thanks!
    If you feel like you're special...it's 'cause you are!
    Momto5

Power Poster
    both veryt nice like the yellow in the second one good job!!
    QUILTNMO

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast