Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: back to working on 5" hex's

back to working on 5" hex's

i had to set my 5" hex block project aside for a couple months while i worked on a couple commission wool quilts- finally finished them and am back to hand stitching hex's again...here's the first 2 i've made since October.
    many more to come- i am still using up scraps of pinks, black & whites for all of these.
    Name:  new hex's.JPG
Views: 1043
Size:  767.5 KB
    hiding away in my stash where i'm warm, safe and happy

Those two blocks are beautiful!! Will be a beautiful quilt!

I love these! What pattern is that? I have some gorgeous B&W fabric. Never considered pairing with pink. Yummy!
    Fay

Wanted: a job that involves raising cats, riding motorcycles and creating quilts!

oh my, such fabulous blocks done by hand stitching! You are talented! I look forward to seeing more.
    Make it a scrappy happy day!

hex;s

Quote Originally Posted by ckcowl View Post
    i had to set my 5" hex block project aside for a couple months while i worked on a couple commission wool quilts- finally finished them and am back to hand stitching hex's again...here's the first 2 i've made since October.
    many more to come- i am still using up scraps of pinks, black & whites for all of these.
    Name:  new hex's.JPG
Views: 1043
Size:  767.5 KB
    you said these are hand sewed wow

That is going to be gorgeous when finished. Please show us the end result.

I Love it! Love the colors! Going to be beautiful.. yes def show us finished project.. and I am interested in the pattern as well!

those are beautiful
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/Upnorthcrafter

Very pretty blocks.

Quote Originally Posted by mimmy96 View Post
    I Love it! Love the colors! Going to be beautiful.. yes def show us finished project.. and I am interested in the pattern as well!
    these have been an on=going group project for months---go to the pictures section - search for english paper piecing, hex project to see the 40+ done before these 2---i had to set them aside mid-October to work on a commissioned wool quilt- now i am back at them-
    they are a group project from 'The Quilt Pattern Magazine' that was one of our projects last year- the magazine is an on line magazine you can subscribe to- then you become a free member of a group that does a number of free group projects through out the year- bom's, applique projects---the hex project had 3 new blocks (a beginner, intermediate & advanced) each month- then as participants posted pictures of finished blocks the designer posted new blocks that were not offered in the magazine- we are still making them- posting pics, she is still giving us new blocks- one participating member just finished 100 blocks- and is going to start putting them together---i have somewhere between 47& 50 blocks done (i think) just getting back at them- all of mine are made with pink, black & white scraps.
    hiding away in my stash where i'm warm, safe and happy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast