Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Baltimore Halloween >

Baltimore Halloween

Baltimore Halloween

Old 09-22-2010, 12:01 PM

I like the round quilting on the moon. You did a fantastic job! I hope you enter this in a show as you will get a blue ribbon for sure.
Old 09-22-2010, 12:07 PM

That is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!!! I have been drooling over the pattern at keepsake.
Old 09-22-2010, 12:11 PM

Fantastic quilt!
Old 09-22-2010, 12:12 PM

Lot's of my friends use Misty Fuse. A lite fusible for their applique work. Also I love the round stitching on the moon. I'm afraid that it would show if you were to 'rip' it out. You have done a TON of work on this quilt! It shows and it's just beautiful!
Old 09-22-2010, 12:32 PM

Your quilt is beautiful and you did a marvelous job on it. Have you thought about using fabric glue to hold the small pieces down to be apliqued? You can get washable fabric glue. On the fmq on the witch, I like the way you were doing it. It gave it motion. Great job. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 09-22-2010, 12:47 PM

Beautiful quilt...love it!!!

I also used Steam-a-Seam and was not pleased with it, but then I saw somewhere that you were supposed to steam it and not just iron it...uh oh!!! So, I went back and really steamed it well and it held much better, but I didn't like that my needle was still getting gummy. Does anyone know if the Misty alternative gets your needle gummy?
Old 09-22-2010, 01:07 PM

Kalady,

I love your quilt, and realized this afternoon (after looking at it for the umteen time :) that the center block of your quilt is different than the Baltimore Halloween pattern. Can you please share where that block came from?? Many thanks,
Old 09-22-2010, 01:25 PM

The cutest quilt. Did you have a pattern or make it up. I just joined in today for the first time and saw it.
Old 09-22-2010, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by jacqueck
Kalady,

I love your quilt, and realized this afternoon (after looking at it for the umteen time :) that the center block of your quilt is different than the Baltimore Halloween pattern. Can you please share where that block came from?? Many thanks,
I started out with the Baltimore Halloween BOM pattern by P3 Designs. I started to feel some of the elements were a little redundant even though I do understand the design concept of repetition- just a few too many brooms and witch hats for me personally. Also the fruit basket block 2 with the spider web did not seem to read with the rest of the quilt- remember this is just MHO- no reflection off the original pattern. So I added the frogs and skeletons but tried to keep the artistic style of the original. As you can see in my pics and notes I made changes here and there. The center block is my own design and draws elements from the rest of the quilt just like the candy cauldron did- you will note in the pictures I downsized the candy cauldron to replace Block 2 -the fruit basket. I decided on the Haunted House because I wanted a fun focal point. The frog, colored eyes and monster at the door I added because the house was reading too dark. One fun thing to know is that I used the back side of the wood door and windows fabric to give a more aged look.
Old 09-22-2010, 03:36 PM

Very nice! Love all the changes. You've done a great job!