Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Bargello twisted >

Bargello twisted

Bargello twisted

Old 04-09-2009, 07:55 AM
Power Poster

Cool. Love the fabrics and the pattern
Old 04-09-2009, 08:14 AM

WOW.. I wasn't sure I'd like it when I saw the first picture (of just the fabric), but that turned out amazing!!! You sure have an eye for combining colors!!! Well done!
Old 04-09-2009, 06:11 PM

johnette.......great you are getting a book....hope to see a Twisted Bargello of yours on here soon......:-)

susan s.........As shown in the photo it is a Bargello with a twist......:-)

littlehud....Thank you....:-)

Tippy........Thanks.....the fabric is from the Benartex line called Aspen.....I got from Keepsake some time ago....almost to the point I had a hard time finding fabric to finish the back.....but I did...glad you like.....:-)
Old 04-10-2009, 09:05 AM

I have never made a bargello quilt. I showed the picture of your quilt to my husband and he really liked it and of course said "you should make one of those". I guess that I will have to try it someday!!! I love the twist you have in it, the regular ones are pretty but not something that I have to do, however the pattern you used is a different story! Thanks for sharing :)
Old 04-11-2009, 01:25 PM
Power Poster

Well I had to come back and say, as of this morning, I now own this book. Took a peek at post office, and headed back to house. Was basting a quilt and promised myself, as a treat, I have to stop every so often, and was going to sit and drool...well, never mind drool, get the surge pump or whatever those things are called when it floods.
oh my goodness, this is going to become one of my favorites, i am sure. I have a friend getting married next year, and I have my eye on one of these already. When I get aroundtuit, lol, I am going to make one with the pattern you used. YUMMY!!! this is a great book, and I don't feel intimidated by it...that's a two-fer, woo hoo!!! :D
Old 04-12-2009, 12:13 AM

Loretta........:-(....don't use pizza boxes but I use top ramon boxes and I have some neat plastic boxes....I useally don't have a plan for my fabric...till I find a pattern....I buy fabric when I can get a great buy and then add to it as I go....:-).....explains my stash......:-)....always looking for good buys and when I figure out what I want to do with the fabric I then have to add one or two pieces to have enough.....:-).....My Mom uses the Pizza boxes.....she does blocks ahead and just puts them in the boxes for a later date.. when she needs to put something together fast....1/2 of the quilt is done....kinda like Our Blue and White Blocks....she has alot of Log Cabins ready to assemble....:-)....Thanks for the tip .....:-)

Jim"s Gem.....:-).....husbands are like that.....:-).....will look forward to seeing your quilt "someday"....;-)

quiltncrazy......sooooo glad you like the book......:-).....I know there is so much to look at...it is just awesome and I will be looking forward to seeing all the new Bargello Twists on the board.....:-).......Thank you so much for letting me know how you liked it.....I got the pages wore out just flipping back and forth......:-)
Old 04-12-2009, 12:33 AM

I havenīt found a Pizza delivery in Spain :?

Do you mean the ones with the lids that flip up. I have been looking for something to keep my squares flat and have only come up with expensive plastic ones. As I would need a few as I always have several things on the go, have started to use square baskets but these are not too successful.

Anyone else use a clever idea??

Elle
Old 04-12-2009, 12:37 AM

Yes the pizza boxes.....Mom turned them inside out and you can write the size block on them or whatever is in them.....Here in the states they have given her her extra boxes when she bought her pizza....so they are nice and clean....:-)
Old 04-12-2009, 01:00 AM

Gcathie, you got me. Boxes are not cardboard then, they are clear plastic with like a zipper top

me no understandee LOL
Old 04-12-2009, 01:28 AM

I'm not a big fan of bargello but I LOVE your quilt. I might even have to get that book. :lol:

While googling for the book, I found this video with the author describing this technique: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_U3qDtkKVg