I made this batik log cabin quilt and sent it to Charisma to quilt for me. I love how it came out. The pictures don't do it justice! She does an awesome job!
The quilt is huge 100x100 because I used jelly roll strips for the blocks. Next time, I will use narrower strips I think. The back is large rectangles of different batiks. I really wanted a batik back, but didn't want to spend another $80-100 for backing because I wanted to use the money towards the quilting. My original plan for the piano key border was to be mitered...but I had to switch machines in the middle of it and didn't realize that my other 1/4 inch foot was off a bit. So by the time I got done with each long piece, it didn't line up any more. I didn't want to rip it apart. It won't be that noticeable with the footboard anyway.
This is the first quilt I've made for my bed. I'm kind of embarrassed to say I've had a $39 store bought quilt on my bed since 2004. I am so excited to have a "real" quilt on it now!