Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Being BRAVE and using my special fat quarters >

Being BRAVE and using my special fat quarters

Being BRAVE and using my special fat quarters

Old 07-26-2011, 08:01 AM

I have eventually made myself my very own "love" blanket. We all have boxes and draws filled with fabrics that we do NOT want to cut. I am no exception. I decided to be BRAVE and cut up some of my favorite fat quarter pieces and make pin wheels and make myself a single bed quilt. I am now enjoying looking at the fabrics instead of them being hidden away and am so :-P I did that. The next quilt is a mystery quilt designed by Mysikaanne - "Faeries Stones". I had such fun making this one. It was going to be for a baby girl, but my friend had a BOY :lol: so i had to adapt it a bit and made it for a friend at work instead. She was over the moon with excitement when i gave it to her. Both quilts have been professionally quilted.

My very own love blanket
[ATTACH=CONFIG]231931[/ATTACH]

Quilted with hearts
[ATTACH=CONFIG]231932[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-231925.jpe   attachment-231926.jpe   attachment-231928.jpe  
Old 07-26-2011, 08:03 AM

And what a wonderful quilt you created for yourself! It is beautiful! I'm still in the stage that I will only look and pet my favorite fabrics!
Old 07-26-2011, 08:04 AM

very nice
Old 07-26-2011, 08:06 AM

You are so very brave! Kudos to you for making the "cuts"! Beautiful quilt!
Old 07-26-2011, 08:07 AM

Love it. You did a beautiful job.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:28 AM

Beautiful, to think of what you can do with scraps, amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-26-2011, 08:40 AM
Banned

I know what you mean. Last month I was looking for something new and my daughter (doesn't quilt so doesn't understand) pulled out my box of batiks and said here use these. I was shocked and put them right back in the box. I told her we don't cut those and she was like huh? What are they for? I said to look at and admire. Her and her husband teased me all night. Pretty sure I'll be cutting them soon.

I have always wanted to make a mariners compass so as soon as I find the pattern I think I'll use them for that.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by Zhillslady
I know what you mean. Last month I was looking for something new and my daughter (doesn't quilt so doesn't understand) pulled out my box of batiks and said here use these. I was shocked and put them right back in the box. I told her we don't cut those and she was like huh? What are they for? I said to look at and admire. Her and her husband teased me all night. Pretty sure I'll be cutting them soon.

I have always wanted to make a mariners compass so as soon as I find the pattern I think I'll use them for that.
You have me in stitches :lol: :lol: :lol: Hoping you find the pattern you love to make your mariners compass. Good luck
Old 07-26-2011, 09:02 AM

Well at least I know I'm not alone in my "can't cut my favorites" club but.........maybe...........I could now looking at what a great idea you had there with the pinwheels quilt !!! Maybe.........getting a little excited now. we'll see ........
Old 07-26-2011, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by tutty
Well at least I know I'm not alone in my "can't cut my favorites" club but.........maybe...........I could now looking at what a great idea you had there with the pinwheels quilt !!! Maybe.........getting a little excited now. we'll see ........
It was such fun making this quilt and i really did not use a lot of the fabric. I still have a super big piece for something else. The quilt is sitting on the couch at the moment in our lounge and i enjoy looking at it every day and when i cuddle up to watch tv in our cold winter days i feel so 'special' :P Come on be brave :-o Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

My daugher, Mia our female dog and my special quilt at the back of the couch in our lounge
[ATTACH=CONFIG]231958[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-231952.jpe