Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Black and White Border Suggestions Please

Blog Entries
    This is a wedding quilt top for my niece that truly needs to be finished! I'm not thrilled with the thought of long sashing borders to increase the size. It deserves a better border, simple enough to ensure the center shines.

I'd LOVE your suggestions!

Quilt Shop Hop 2009 squares
    Name:  Attachment-173757.jpe
Views: 61
Size:  107.2 KB

How about piano keys using the fabrics from the blocks? That way you could add significant size (longer keys) without detracting from the main part of the blocks.

Blog Entries
    How about just a wide binding in one of the black and white prints. You're right, it doesn't need anything else.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cowpie2
    How about piano keys using the fabrics from the blocks? That way you could add significant size (longer keys) without detracting from the main part of the blocks.
    I have little of the fabric left! It was a fabric gift from my MIL. I do have other subtle blacks and white though.

Blog Entries
    I need about 8" on each side if that helps.

Black and white piano keys would look really nice.

Vicky

Blog Entries
    Solid White inner border, black and white print middle border, and a b/w half square triangle outer border. HST would compliment the inside blocks because most of the blocks can be made w/HST. Flying geese might work, as would simple squares set on point. I would use three borders to get the width I needed on each side, so it wouldn't look like I put huge borders on the quilt to make it the size I needed. If you don't have enough of the fabric used in the quilt to do the borders, you could always mix in other b/w fabrics that have similar designs.

Quote Originally Posted by redbugsullivan
    This is a wedding quilt top for my niece that truly needs to be finished! I'm not thrilled with the thought of long sashing borders to increase the size. It deserves a better border, simple enough to ensure the center shines.

I'd LOVE your suggestions!
    I think Red!

I vote for a piano keys border~

Quote Originally Posted by Janquiltz
    Solid White inner border, black and white print middle border, and a b/w half square triangle outer border. HST would compliment the inside blocks because most of the blocks can be made w/HST. Flying geese might work, as would simple squares set on point. I would use three borders to get the width I needed on each side, so it wouldn't look like I put huge borders on the quilt to make it the size I needed. If you don't have enough of the fabric used in the quilt to do the borders, you could always mix in other b/w fabrics that have similar designs.
    I agree with Jan, sounds good

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast