Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Black and White and Red all over

I finished this top and sent it out to be quilted 5 months ago. I just got it back two weeks ago and I finished the binding on it last night. It is king size and I did not have anyone to hold the quilt for me so I threw it on the guest bed. It is for my son and I am going to see him tonight and give it to him-he has already seen it--it is not a surprise.

Considering the amount of time (over 4 months) this long arm quilter had my quilt and the amount of money that she charged me (LOTS) I wish I was happier with the results. I will not be using her again.

PJ's quilt 92" X 104"
    Name:  Attachment-18218.jpe
Views: 519
Size:  78.1 KB

Details

detail of the quilting
    Name:  Attachment-18173.jpe
Views: 498
Size:  92.7 KB

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just love that.

I love it. The quilt is very dramatic. Am finishing a red/black/gray and white quilt for 14 yr old grandson. Haven't decided how to quilt it yet - may just tie it. Also want to make a black/white/yellow one for myself.

Izy
    Marcia, your quilt is outstanding, what a shame you are disappointed with the finished result, had you used this longarmer before?? I must admit I think I would be very wary of sending out to be quilted for that very reason, not that we have anybody here in Spain anyway :roll: :D

The use of color is perfect. Beautiful quilt.

Looks good to me, he'll be so happy. Sorry the longarmmer took so long and your not pleased but i really didn't see anything but again I'm new at this.

Quote Originally Posted by Izy
    Marcia, your quilt is outstanding, what a shame you are disappointed with the finished result, had you used this longarmer before?? I must admit I think I would be very wary of sending out to be quilted for that very reason, not that we have anybody here in Spain anyway :roll: :D
    Yes, Izy, I have used her before and so have a lot of my friends. Her work used to be impeccable, but lately she has gotten so sloppy. Not sure what her problem is. This is the last quilt she will do for me.

Thanks, everyone. It was a long time in the making. When I collected fabrics I bought ones that would appeal to my son--music related, cards, dice and cats, just to name a few. I also made sure I did not buy any fabrics that were floral. I told the longarmer that it was for my son and I did not wanted it quilted "frilly". She obviously did not listen to me-she even put feathers in the border.

It is gorgeous! PJ will love it even with the feathers!!!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast