Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Border colors?

I'm almost done with my sampler quilt for quilt class.. Can you help me decide what 2 colors I should pull out for the border?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries
    Green narrow boarder, then plaid. Bind with the brown. Love your sampler

I would use dark brown for a small inner border and then the plaid for the outer border.

If you have big enough pieces of each, preview each by just laying beside ....

I think the brown as the first border might be eaten up by the browns on that right side ....? .....

Of course, since each color ultimately touches a side, this might happen with any of your choices .....

Perhaps thin green as first border, then the plaid - and bind in brown? ....

awesome thanks! Looks like the concensus says plad so I'll make that my large border for sure. Just have to decide on the smaller one.

If you switched the flying geese in the second row on the very right with the ones in the last row you'd have hardly any dark green touching the border and you could go with a thin dark green border followed by the plaid one which would go nicely together.

I thought a narrow yellow, then the green, and bind with the plaid. Figures that I am different from the majority!

If you switched the flying geese in the second row on the very right with the ones in the last row you'd have hardly any dark green touching the border and you could go with a thin dark green border followed by the plaid one which would go nicely together.

good idea! see this is why I asked before I stitched the squares together :) I will do that.

Quote Originally Posted by neeng
    I thought a narrow yellow, then the green, and bind with the plaid. Figures that I am different from the majority!
    oh now you have me thinking....

It depends on what you want to do. A smqall dark border pops out the center blocks, a lighter one just lets them merge into the background.

Personally, I'd go with a black or dark green, and then the plad with a dark binding.

Lanny

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast