Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Borders-I need some opinions

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Hi Lori- I think one of the wheat/grains would set the quilt off very nicely. I also think the others are a bit much. Like someone else said- the eyes need a restful spot. But I also think the quilt would pop with plainer borders. It's so cute!!!!!!!!!! :D

My favorites: Red Fsrmall and haybales. I agree with many of the others. I'd go with narrow red, wider bales and then the brown sashing for binding. What a collection!

Quote Originally Posted by cwessel47
    My favorites: Red Fsrmall and haybales. I agree with many of the others. I'd go with narrow red, wider bales and then the brown sashing for binding. What a collection!
    I think if she was going to do a narrow red border the Farmall fabric would be a waste. It's a mid size print and the narrow border should only be half an inch to an inch because red is fairly intense. I would just use a Moda marble for a very narrow red border.

Blog Entries
    wow, I love your quilt, have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by cwessel47
    My thoughts too!! Love the quilt so far!

Ditter

I'd just casually ask them what their favorite colors are (without showing them the quilt or fabrics), or what color their room is decorated in. Then I'd pick something out of my border choices to go with that color.

I like the Red Farmall print. It makes the red pop on all the blocks. I notice each of the seperate pictures in the windows. Pretty quilt.

Power Poster
    I like the idea of keeping the border fairly "quiet" because of all there is to look at in each of the "windows."

Oops I double posted again :oops: I seem to be doing that alot today

I think the fact that the quilt is so busy, is why I am having a hard time making the border decision. It is 7X9 8" blocks and therefore there are alot of windows to look "through". This is probably a quilt that should have stayed lap size, but I decided that I wanted to make them a bed quilt. I think my brother will really like it and my sister-in-law will think it is fine too although I know that she probably won't be as excited to have a quilt full of tractor pictures. I know that this quilt will only have appeal to certain people, my brother just happens to be one of them. It seems that something red and then probably the bales is leading the voting so far.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast