Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: A bow tuck and 2 wallets

I've been having fun! Made the bow tuck and matching wallet for a customer. Made the oriental/asian wallet for my DD. I've made the wallets different. My DD wanted room for a checkbook -- so it's got the slots for a check register and checks. The customer wanted lots of slots for credit cards and IDs... :mrgreen:
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Very nice!!!! Love the colors and the cute button.

Good work. Your bow tuck is really nice. The tulip fabric is perfect for that bag.

Beautiful! I love the tulips and how they turned out with the bow tuck and wallet. The other is pretty, too, but love tulips. I like a check book in a wallet, too.

Thanks for sharing.

Could I ask you a question? Is that the large bow tuck pattern or the smaller one? I am wanting to get a pattern and wonder which I needed to get. Also, would you care to tell me approx. how much fabric it took to make the bag and wallet?

Mary

Senior Member Claddaughquilting's Avatar
    Love them both! Is there a tutorial for the wallet, I would love to make one?

bj
    Very pretty. I especially like the tulip fabric! :-D

Oh my goodness, would you care to adopt anothe DD old enough to be granny hahaha.... Those are beautiful love what you can do with materials. nice job :)

Quote Originally Posted by skydiver70
    Beautiful! I love the tulips and how they turned out with the bow tuck and wallet. The other is pretty, too, but love tulips. I like a check book in a wallet, too.

Thanks for sharing.

Could I ask you a question? Is that the large bow tuck pattern or the smaller one? I am wanting to get a pattern and wonder which I needed to get. Also, would you care to tell me approx. how much fabric it took to make the bag and wallet?

Mary
    Thanks everyone!

The bow tuck is the small one (baby bow tuck?).

I forgot to give the designer credit!!!!! The pattern for the wallets are from the June 2010 magazine Quilter's World. It's called Three Times the Charm (I have no idea why!!!). They used 1 1/2" strips and wove the front cover. I just cut 8" x 12" pieces of leftover fabric rather than weaving. Oh, the mag. says to cut them 7 1/2" x 12"...I did my first one that way, but barely got my credit cards in the slots...so I make them wider.

OMG , very Stuning. Love the tulips.

Gotta love that purple!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast