Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Bow Tuck Diaper Bag

Blog Entries

Bow Tuck Diaper Bag

I may have mentioned to several of you that I will be a grandmother for the second time in July. Of course I have gone grandma crazy and have made burp clothes and crocheted some baby booties too.

My son's girlfriend and I went shopping for fabric the last time they were back and bought some fabric to make a diaper bag and a blanket. I have joined the "Bow Tuck Bag" crowd and thought it would make a cute diaper bag. Before we went shopping my son advised that it couldn't be flowery because he wasn't going carry anything with flowers on it. I was proud to see that she didn't completely allow him to get his way. I was also proud that he accepted and agreed to her choices. The fabric I think is from Moda and is based on the old fashioned flash cards. I also made a blanket of the same line in different color that was already pre-quilted so only had to bind it. You will have to excuse the mess. Our youngest came home for Spring Break and the house looked like a tornado hit it because he was going through his clothes and discarding what he didn't want anymore. I included pictures of the bag empty and full of baby things I have already bought. I told you I was in Grandma mode.

Our son and his girlfriend live in Milwaukee and the reason they came back to South Dakota was for a job interview in a small town in the northwest and HE GOT THE JOB!!! That means that I will be only an hour and half from my new grandchild instead of 12 hours. It will be culture shock for Jen but hopefully she will make some great friends and find something she loves to do back here.
    Attached Images Attached Images        
    As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Beautiful work!!!!!

That looks great! Contgratulations on the new bundle. It's so nice they will be living closer so you can watch him/her grow.

Very pretty, Grandkids are great,we only have 8 - 25,24,24,almost 24, - 18, 18, almost 16 and almost 10. We also have 2 Greatgrands., girls, 4 and 1.
    I know you will enjoy having them closer.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Blog Entries
    First, congratulations on the new grandbaby! And second, what a terrific ensemble you created. It looks like the perfect bag for that, and the nice wide straps will make it easier to tote around.

Blog Entries
    Nice job on the bag and the quilt. I love the two fabrics together. Congratulations. Hope everything goes smoothly.

That is so cute! Love the colors. Where did you find that pattern for the bag? I really like the looks of it.
    Congrats on the new baby and so glad they will be closer to you. Your son didn't by any chance get a job with the oil industry that has started out there. I've got relatives in N Dakota and that is all they are talking about.
    Very nice job on the bag.
    Penny in Central FL (Lakeland)

Power Poster
    Way to go, Grandma!!! Gotta love the bow tucks!!!

Especially lovely with the matching blanket. And of course the Grandma love shines through even over the internet.