Recently I posted for suggestions on a batik calla lily quilt I was making for my mom. I took all of the ideas and finished it! I really appreciate everyone's help. This is one of my mom's Christmas presents and I hope she loves it. I tried to incorporate the colors of her house plus her favorite color as well as her favorite thing (which is flowers) all into one blanket. Next I will make a throw pillow out of the same fabrics with a smaller version of the calla lily/vase to go with the blanket. It measures out at 41x61.
This was my first time doing echoing, crosshatching and adding a specific free motion design. Because of this I used thread that matched the color of the fabric, so if I goofed it wouldn't show as much. In the panel next to the vase I did free motion calla lilies and leaves. I don't think I'll do this much quilting on a project this size on my machine again. It was very frustrating with a 4.5" throat.
The back is flannel. I just need to add a label, then press it. Hmm, I think that covers all the details, now for pictures!
I'm always open to feedback and suggestions - good or bad - this is how I learn. If there's something I could have done differently, please say so. Thank you for looking...
(It's actually pretty square, I must have a bad camera angle)