Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Camo Quilt - NOW FINISHED! >

Camo Quilt - NOW FINISHED!

Camo Quilt - NOW FINISHED!

Old 04-29-2008, 02:16 PM

Renae,
Hi it is so nice to meet you. This is a GMQ, IS that what you meant? This is made by the Grace Company. If you did mean the GMQ I will be more than happy to help you in any way that I can. I personally got a package deal. Mine come with a Juki 98QE which I am so in love with and want another one! LOL But there is a drawback, I wish it had a deeper area to sew in. My carriage just slides around like glass, I did lube the rails a little, I wiped some vasoline on then used a rag to remove the acess and it just slips all over just like I wanted it to. I found that without it that I had a little jerky feeling to my movements so lubing it helped a ton in my own opinion.

Loading the frame takes me a little while becuase you have to take the leader cloths and pin your project to them and for the batting I do not use a leader, I just go up one inch and place my tubing in and I am ready! The pinning process is the longest part but still way better than having to baste one together entirely.

I am sewing the binding on this now so I will have updated pics in just a short time. I am taking a small break just finished the dinner dishes and need a smoke before I sew again! LOL
Old 04-29-2008, 02:21 PM

Hello! Yes I meant the GMQ; I just have the frame for now, but looking at machines; the most common compaints I hear is that the throat is not deep enough; however to get started I think it will work just fine! Mind assembled just waiting for the machine; I just bought a desiner 1 so I have to wait a while for the quilting machine! but I want to practice loading the quilt so I took a copy of your frame to see if I can load my frame? do you use the plastics thingys on all your bars?? I think that is the most confusing part!

Thank you so much for responding so soon! I wish I could be at home sewing! But I got to pay bills first!!

Renae =)
Old 04-29-2008, 02:31 PM

Renae, yes I use the plactic tubing. On my take up rail, my backing rail and topper rail it stays pretty much in tact at all times because I just use the same leaders for all sizes and they dont get in the way. I only have to load and unload the batting one with the plastic tubing.

Keep your chin up, you will be at home sewing in no time at all. Time fly's when were having fun at work!
Old 04-29-2008, 03:19 PM

Here it is all finished!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-47826.jpe   attachment-47839.jpe   attachment-47840.jpe  
Old 04-29-2008, 03:36 PM

WOW! That is fantatic! Thanks so much for sharing!!

Renae =)
Old 04-29-2008, 05:39 PM

Good thing some people don't live too close! I can think of a lot of people that would love to pull that out then smugly listen to the compliments!
Old 04-29-2008, 06:14 PM

I also have a GMQ Pro frame and use a Bailey 13 inch quilting machine. This larger opening gives more space to quilt when the quilt is rolled on the take up pole. I have had mine several months and am glad I bought it.

Anyone considering a machine for any frame should think about and decide how much quilting space will be avilable when you are quilting toward the end of your quilt and the roll fills so much of the space in the arm of your machine.

Some people are very happy with the 9 inch arm machines. I wanted to have more versatility and be able to do larger designs on large blocks. I am happy with my choice after 8 months of research.

June