Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Can't decide, would love your input!

Can't decide, would love your input!

I am trying to design a king size quilt for my son and future DIL for their wedding in March. It needs to be blue and green basically, and since it's so huge, I do not wish to do any stitch in the ditch or add borders as I don't want to turn the quilt to quilt them... so I am designing the quilt around that criteria, which limits my choices.

Which of these 2 quilts do you prefer, keeping in mind that the attached representation of the quilting would be the same for either one, only the quilting on the solid tan blocks would really pop if I chose that layout instead of the first one... although I'm leaning towards the first one.

Thank you in advance!
    Attached Images Attached Images     Click to view large image 
    http://tinksquared.com/
    Farming, cooking and quilting my way through life!

Blog Entries
    Boy this is a hard choice. I am going with 3 because it caught my attention the most
    A friend is someone who knows all about you and loves you anyway.

Blog Entries
    Love them both! The quilting you have chosen looks wonderful too. If it was me I would choose the 2nd one so some of that lovely quilting would really show up. I do very much like the overall look of the first one too though. So perhaps your choice may depend on how confident you are with the quilting. do you want it to mostly blend in, or do you want it to pop?
    Wendy

Blog Entries
    I love the first one. Great quilting pattern too!

I like them both, but I lean a little toward the 2nd as it's not quite as busy ... and I like the idea that the pretty quilting motif's will show up.
    May your stitches always be straight, your seams always lie flat, and your grain never be biased against you.

Sue

Quote Originally Posted by DogHouseMom View Post
    I like them both, but I lean a little toward the 2nd as it's not quite as busy ... and I like the idea that the pretty quilting motif's will show up.
    I agree!
    Have a great day sewing and remember to "not sweat the small stuff"!!

Blog Entries
    I vote # 1...

Voting for #2. More restful to the eyes, less piecing to do, and your quilting will be showcased. Lovely pattern!

I vote for 2 - it will really bring out the quilting - however if you really want to showcase the quilt and not the quilting - then # 1 would be perfect - also keep in mind that regardless of which one you choose - you can also see the quilting on the back if its a solid color- either way its going to be a wonderful quilt.

Quote Originally Posted by DogHouseMom View Post
    I also agree.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place...the End Times.

Heaven and Earth are full of His Glory!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast