Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Carpenter's Star for DH and the infamous defiled quilt!

Carpenter's Star for DH and the infamous defiled quilt!

I made this quilt for my DH for his birthday. He loves it and I had lots of fun with the batiks. I did a Karen McTavish inspired quilting in the background and a straight-lined maze theme in the diamonds.

The second quilt mentioned in this thread - Longarm quilting is not cheating

Both patterns were from Calico Carriage Quilt Designs. I absolutely love her patterns. Both quilts now sit happily on my quilt rack in my family room

Thanks for looking!

-Emily
    Attached Images Attached Images      

WOW! Those are both gorgeous. I especially like the colors on the first one.

what a beautiful job! your quilts are gorgeous!
    A rolling stone gathers no moss

Thanks, girls . I wish I had taken better quality pictures but our digital camera is nowhere to be found since we moved . So had to take pic with my iPad.

Blog Entries
    Just beautiful. He had to love it. How many batiks? How big is the quilt? Just can't stop looking at it. I love it. BrendaK
    Be kind to yourself, by being kind to others. When you help others you help yourself.

Both are beautiful!!
    God, Wonderful Family, Great Health, Awesome Friends, Quilting & Chocolates - - What more could a girl be blessed with!!

Quote Originally Posted by BrendaK View Post
    Just beautiful. He had to love it. How many batiks? How big is the quilt? Just can't stop looking at it. I love it. BrendaK
    The batik quilt has 11 different fabrics (including background and borders). It measures 70" sq.

The one below is 73" sq.
    Thanks for lookin'!

Blog Entries
    Love the colors you used in each quilt!

Great job on these. You Mctavishing looks awesome. Is that a little bird I see hidden in the corner?

Also, I had been following your longarm is cheating thread so I appreciate you posting the picture. The elderly woman's lack of filter was indeed appalling but maybe she thought your quilt was so pretty she felt compelled to make that inappropriate statement about LA quilting. Like Dunster, I would have been sorely tempted to engage her more and perhaps get her to reconsider her thoughts on the matter, once getting over my initial shock. I think it looks great as well.

Blog Entries
    Love your quilts and.....your GREEN grass. We'll be in the 70's for the next week, so should see some soon. The colors in the batikl are so soothing. Sorry about the longarm experience, chalk it up to ignorance. Your quilting is wonderful!!!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast