I've been working to finish this up the last few days, and finally got it done today. It was a UFO that sat in my sewing room for nearly two years after I started it in a Quilt as You Go class (during which we never got to the "as you go" part, just assembled the top and got 3 of the blocks quilted).
It doesn't look so bad now, but it was a big pain to work with. I used poly batting and a really floppy cotton for the backing, and together they were giving me fits when I went to assembling the sections (there are 2, each 6 blocks), not to mention the fact that I had a REALLY off day FMQ yesterday. I picked some of it out and re-did it this morning, and I NEVER do that.
It will be a charity quilt, although before I got it done and washed and dried, which improved things a bit, I thought it might be a trunk quilt for my family to take to picnics, because I wouldn't have given it to anyone.
A few days ago Dashton4 posted a quilt on here with an appliqued kitty, and it looked so cute that when it seemed like the top was...missing something...I went and appliqued a cat on it. The cat is from the book 501 Quilt Blocks, put out by Better Homes and Gardens. I enlarged it 175% I think. I like how it turned out.
I also like the label, which I traced in Pigma pen from a book of Iron-On Transfer labels my mom got me for Christmas, and colored with crayon.
Then I was so happy to be finished I made two potholders from the scraps. :)