Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Chalk Cloth Items

Some pictures so you can see the variety of ways to use chalk cloth. Most of these are place mats or play mats. I didn't take pictures of the tote bags or mug rugs. Some have pockets for eraser and chalk, some are personalized, etc.
    Attached Images Attached Images          

These are cute! :)

Great idea - where did you get the chalk cloth?

Blog Entries
    Love them!!!

Those are super cute. I'd also like to know where you get the chalk cloth. Thanks.

I get mine from Fabric.Com although Amazon is now selling it for about a dollar a yard cheaper and it still comes from Fabric.Com. I have nothing against Hancock Fabrics, for instance, but their quality cloth is not worth using as it does not hold up.

I have also seen it in small rolls or folded pieces at quilt shows and if you google it, you will see that it is sold quite a few places now. My favorite is still fabric.com. They do not fold or crease it and it comes to me on a roll, which protects it until I can use it.

MTS
    Banned
    Did you sew it in?

I used velcro because I had read the chalk cloth shouldn't be washed.

Now that I think about it, I guess I could have washed it the sink, just not the machine.:roll:

It was part of a board on the wall that just got filthy from the dirty hands and chalk and crud that accumulates around kids, and I wanted to make sure the mother could wash it.

I love the names on it. Kids just love when something is personalized like that!

Blog Entries
    On another site, I found this posting "I scotchguard the fabric side. " Sounds like a good idea so that the chalk doesn't ruin the beautiful fabric sides. On the same site, I found this regarding placemats "We made these for our church bazaar. 13X18 I used a one pound coffee can lid to round off the corners. I also stuck a loop of elastic under the left side edge (for the chalk) while i sewed the binding on. It worked well. We sold them 2 for 5.00 or $3 each. They turned out really cute. Next time i will make them 12 X 18 so i can get an even 9 mats out of a yard." and "I sold them on Ebay for $15 till I was tired of making them!
    One Saturday I sold 11 of them. "

Blog Entries
    Very nice & useful too! I didn't know they made chalk cloth, so I'll need to get some to make something for the great nieces & nephews! Thanks for sharing!

I'll have to check out the chalk cloth. It sounds interesting and with 3 DGS's who love to draw they might really enjoy something like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast