Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: checkbook cover

Here is my latest project that I made the other day. How much would you sell one of these for? My next one I am thinking about modifing it with about 2 more pockets for an id or cards. And if I were to put more pockets on it how much would you charge for that one?
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Cute checkbook cover. Wouldn't have any idea what to charge for it. Sorry.

Blog Entries

Hi quilterj I sell checkbook covers with my miniature fronts for $6.50 but the lady who buys them from me sells them to tourists for $13.
    Since yours is mostly fabric with some applique I would sell it for $7 or $8. If you do more pockets I would add another $1.
    But this being able to sell it depends on the market in your area or online. What is out there that is similar to what you are making?
    You are supposed to add up the cost of your materials and add your time but I think if you price it too high it won't sell. So I tend to ask what I would be willing to pay for it.

I think your checkbook cover is very nice. I used to add a pen holder but I got away from that to save steps.

I hope this helps.

You did a great job, but I'm not sure what to charge for it.

Nice I would say right around $10.00

Quote Originally Posted by Rhonda
    Hi quilterj I sell checkbook covers with my miniature fronts for $6.50 but the lady who buys them from me sells them to tourists for $13.
    Since yours is mostly fabric with some applique I would sell it for $7 or $8. If you do more pockets I would add another $1.
    But this being able to sell it depends on the market in your area or online. What is out there that is similar to what you are making?
    You are supposed to add up the cost of your materials and add your time but I think if you price it too high it won't sell. So I tend to ask what I would be willing to pay for it.

I think your checkbook cover is very nice. I used to add a pen holder but I got away from that to save steps.

I hope this helps.

Rhonda, what is minature fronts?

Sorry I meant to do a quote and clicked on the quote button. Sorry.

Banned
    Wow! Great Work!

Well I hope you know what I meant to click on the quote button and clicked the edit instead. I have had a long day.

Blog Entries
    Miniature fronts just means the front of my checkbook cover is a miniature quilt.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast