Welcome to the Quilting Board!
Oh my goodness, what beautiful runners, each so different. Are you sharing your patterns?
Totally beautiful each & everyone
They are all beautiful!!! I really like the first and third one's the best. Would you mind sharing the patterns for those two!!!!
Thanks so much.
A lot of nice gifts .......and early too......
Jojos Nana, Carol
You have inspired me for next year! Very nice.
Rock Island, IL
Thank you all for your kind comments. How was No.1 done? Several of you asked. Sorry, no commercial pattern. Just a slight variation of one a friend had a picture of. Quite simple if I can explain.
1) Make ½ square triangle blocks using a dark and a light fabric. Mine finished at 4½".
2) Join these into pinwheel blocks (a 4 patch)
3) Make a wreath template by folding a square of paper (try 8") in half and keep on folding in half until you have 8 layers (a bit like a kite shape)
4) From the tiny pointed end cut out a small V shape - remember snowflake cutting at school? You may have to experiment a bit till when it's opened the hole is a nice 8 pointed star.
5) At the other end of your folded 8 layered paper, cut a nice rounded curve shape.
When you've done all this and opened it up you should have the wreath shape. Then it's just simply tracing, apply Bondaweb and then apply to the pinwheel units made in No.2. Magically looks like an intricately pieced Lemoyne Star in the middle.
Hope this makes enough sense for you to figure it out.
Doris in the U.K. where I had 17 ladies making a selection of these runners at a workshop on Saturday. Great fun!