Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
ChristmasSocksForSoldiersProjectBOM91508??? >

ChristmasSocksForSoldiersProjectBOM91508???

ChristmasSocksForSoldiersProjectBOM91508???

Old 09-11-2009, 08:46 AM

Hi Guys:
Just thought I'd share with you that our quilt group has been asked to represent the Socks For Soldiers project at a fundraiser at our local Burgerville fast food place today. Burgerville has gotton on board and is donating $1 for every "coupon" brought in (coupons are on the counter at Burgerville and people will be handing them out at the door of the participating Burgervilles...in our town our quilt group will be handing the coupons out at the door) when customers make a food purchase. Sooooo, if you have a Burgerville and IF THEY are participating in the Socks for Santa program I hope you'll all go in TODAY and buy a burger or coke or something so the project can get the donation from Burgerville. Proceeds from this fundraiser will help pay postage to send the Socks to Afganistan and will help purchase items to fill the socks for our soldiers.

Thank you.
Old 09-13-2009, 05:29 AM

BUMP! Just wanted to again remind everyone of the Socks for Soldiers project. I think you'll find the pattern, instructions and everything you need on this thread...page 1.

The socks go together really fast. Yesterday I made 10 in about 2 hours. I'll post a picture pretty quick.
Old 09-13-2009, 05:55 AM

Picture of the 10 Socks I made yesterday.

10 Socks For Soldiers made out of cotton and fleece fabric.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]45879[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-45879.jpe  
Old 12-14-2009, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by Feathers
Here is a picture of the Socks I made for the soldiers. Completed socks can be sent to:

C. Pool
Stockign Coordinator
Operation Santa USMC 2008
2753 43rd Ave. SE
Albany, OR 97322

Thank you all!
Feathers
This is the post I did back in 2008. We had lots of ladies/men from the board making Socks for Soldiers again this year (2009) and today I received the following note from Carry Pool, the Coordinator for this project. She asked that I make sure and thank everyone for their efforts. Sooo, THANK YOU all.

"Hi Sandy: Please forgive me for takign so long to get back with you. We did get about 2500 Socks For Soldiers from Pennsylvanial sewers-very nice-and were just what one of our PA Coordinators needed. So, they were all shipped to her for use, however some will not get used until next season but that's OK, too. Hhere in Oregon I received about 2,000 socks and Connie in Salem, OR also received about 500 socks. In addition, we had sewers who sent their stockings directly to some of our Coordinators across American, of which I didn't get a count on. We thought this was going to be a "lean" year but we were WRONG! Our sewers are so generous. Thank you to everyone that gave so generously to Operation Santa. And please pass the message along. We sent packages to just short of 15,000 members of our prestigious military serving in Iraq and Afghanistan. Some of our coordinators have already received letters of thanks from the men and women who received the packages.

Merry Christmas to you and your families and feel free to pass this info on to anyone you feel would like to have it."

Carrie Pool