Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: The Civil War reproductions I've received so far....

Blog Entries
    For those interested... here's what I've received so far. These are from Bonnie Blue and the Quilter's Candy Shop. I still have some 1/2 yard pieces coming from Bitter Sweet Primitives.

I realized today that one piece, a black and red large checked, is missing from the Bonnie Blue order. :( But I emailed them and hope it's sent. Glad I checked!!

The order still coming has a dark brown, green with blue and red leaves, a light brown, a light blue, a med green, and a brown with blue leaves.... I think it'll need some gold, and maybe another red. The pattern is scrappy with over 60 different fabrics, but mine won't have that many--maybe about 25 tops.

I keep looking at fat quarter bundles, but there are too many in each I don't want, so I'm sticking to ordering individual fabrics.

This is a special quilt for my husband, a Civil War fanatic, an expert in every way. He's never been excited about having a quilt of his own--until now. :D I'm trying to make it quite manly looking. :wink: No flowers.

I sold my sunflower quilt, so the money is going towards this project. I told him it'd be done by Christmas, since I have so much to do already.... but I'm off for the summer in 4 more days...4 more days...4 more days..... :D :D :D :D

Here's it all together...trying to decide what else I need.
    Name:  Attachment-12928.jpe
Views: 37
Size:  80.0 KB

Bonnie Blues
    Name:  Attachment-12929.jpe
Views: 34
Size:  83.7 KB

Quilters Candy Shoppe
    Name:  Attachment-12930.jpe
Views: 35
Size:  87.5 KB

Blog Entries
    Oh yes, Loretta--that's the post that got me into all this trouble. :wink: I'd never heard of Civil War reproduction fabric before last week! :roll: :oops: :lol:

I like 'em, I like' em ALOT!!!! I think some golds would be good too. This is going to be NICE!!! Speaking of DH, how is he liking his new job!!!

4 more days!! Woo Hoo!!!! :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    WooHoo--I just ordered the rest--9 half yards--from Common Threads Quilting. I got three golds, two reds, and several lights with bigger prints.
    And THAT ought to do it. :wink:

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh................

All your work is so nice, I know this quilt will be great. Enjoy your summer.

Nice stuff!
    It's going to be beautiful when it's done!
    Make sure you post pictures!!

Your fabrics are so nice. I have a Civil War quilt on my list, but have not started buying fabric for it yet. Can't wait to see your quilt completed.

Ohhhhhhhhhh perty perty perty!!!! Can't wait to see them in a beautiful Civil War quilt!!!

Blog Entries
    Eye candy! I love that your husband is anxiously waiting for his quilt!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast