Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: For the Classroom

I provide speech services to 3 classrooms with intensive needs kids. January and February we are studying animals. Ocean animals this week. I made a quilt game, "Toss the Starfish." After the students describe their starfish, they get to toss it on the quilt, earning points. Here is the quilt, the center, a starfish's favorite food, worth the most points. Needless to say, the kids love it!

WOW - what a cool idea. I swear those critters look like they are gonna crawl right off the quilt & onto my desk!!!! GREAT JOB! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I love your photo of the eclipse. Sadly, it was cloudy where I live. I was all prepared for a photo session, but alas, no photo ops here.

M

And this is why the speech and language teacher is always one of the favorite teachers on any staff. Your quilt/game is great! Beautiful and fun too! What a winning combination!

Thanks, Ladies!

I'm working on a Vehicle unit quilt right now. The Assistive Tech department got a grant and got me to help put the unit together. I didn't do any of the switch tech stuff, but I put together 2 binders of lessons, and now I'm designing a quilt for the kids to drive the cars on. I hope it turns out 1/2 as well as the ocean quilt.

M

Blog Entries
    I love it! Is this a pattern? Where can we get it?

Sorry, not a pattern. Pattern from the depths of my mind. I came up with the idea for the clam and found the background fabric, and the rest of it just fell into place.

M

What a super teaching tool. Can I play, too? A great quilt. You are very creative.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MissTreated
    Sorry, not a pattern. Pattern from the depths of my mind. I came up with the idea for the clam and found the background fabric, and the rest of it just fell into place.

M
    You absolutely MUST publish that pattern. it is a total HOOT! :P :P :P those little critters are toooooo cute!

Blog Entries
    What a great game. Bet the kids don't mind coming to speech when they get to play a terrific game. You did a wonderful job on the quilt.

Mary

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast