Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: coasters

Cute. I need to make some of those. I have several coaster that the sweating cups stick to and then the coasters drop in your lap, water and all. Those look like they would do much better, and of course much much prettier.

Izy
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
    Cute. I need to make some of those. I have several coaster that the sweating cups stick to and then the coasters drop in your lap, water and all. Those look like they would do much better, and of course much much prettier.
    That's the problem we have here in Spain too....guess I might have a play this afternoon too!! :D :D :D

I LOVE your birdhouse fabric, they look really great, well done :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

adorable :D

Just love them! I made a few at Christmas and they are easy and fun to do!

Those came out really cute, Sharon. I need to make some too.

Blog Entries
    Love them.

Those are really cute! For us dummies, where could we find instructions? :oops:

Blog Entries
    you are not a dummie. I never really had a pattern, this is how I do them. However many you want to make, say 4. Cut 4 pieces of batting or toweling I use 5" square. Cut 4 pieces of 5" square material for the backs (place this face up on top of batting.
    Now pick out the material for the top. I usually use 4 different materials. So you are cutting out 16 - 5" squares of material (in my case 4-5" squares of each color) These pieces you will fold in half (wrong sides together) and press. These piece are then placed on top of the "sandwich" folds towards the center and raw edges to the outside. Lay the first piece down (say on the right hand side) then lay the next piece down across the bottom (make sure you are keeping the folds towards the center) then lay the next piece down on the left side . When you lay the last piece down on the top hold down the top left corner, flip up the #1 right piece top so it covers the right side of the last piece.....clear as mud :D just practice this with 4 piece of paper.
    make sure all your edges look close to even, make sure all the folds are to the center and sew a generous 1/4" seam. When you are done, flip the folded pieces to the back side of the batting and fix your corners however you usually do that. ... and your done. Now I will look and see if I can find pictures of this for you.

Izy
    Here's a link to a tute...well I hope it is!! :lol:

http://allsorts.typepad.com/allsorts...ross_coas.html

Blog Entries
    thank you Izy! This is what I was trying to find. Buch better than my instructions!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast