Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: A cold Sewy Sunday afternoon.....I feel like doing some small projects....

Hi Everyone...
    With the cold spell I thought I'd stay in and do a few little things...I started with this little kit that I got at Connecting Threads....lots of pieces....but it was fun to do - the finished size is 16 1/2 in. x 16 1/2 in.
    It was a kit for a Country Essential Wall Hanging but for me it will be used as a kitchen accessory.....
    I just added the binded since taking the photos but haven't hand sewn the binding down to the back yet.....
    Hope you are all having a good afternoon....
    Bill
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Blog Entries
    Oh how pretty!

dsj

Hi Bill, That is really cute. I saw that kit also, they have nice fabric and I love the book selection too. Good job. Have fun creating.

They do have some great kits...and many times you can find some great buys in the kits on sale...this one was just a mini project - I had ordered some things and when I got to the sale section, this one was on sale for under $5.00 and I thought that was a steal - let's see what it's like - I love the colors and the prints....
    I think it could be a great pattern for a doll's quilt...that's also the beauty of these little kits - the patterns can be kept for a rainy day to be redone in order fabrics.
    Now I think I'll see what else I can do....
    I'm feeling a bit creative today.. :-)

Here's a photo - the binding has not been sewn to the back yet but it's ready to finish by hand.....there was enough fabric in the kit to do a scrappy backing...and still quite a bit left to add to other projects....
    Attached Images Attached Images    

OH, forgot to add, I did a simpler SITD to quilt this....

Aw - that's so pretty!

dsj

I love small projects. I keep a wall open in my kitchen/dining room just for small projects. It is perfect for complimenting the seasons too. Plus they don't take so much time to finish. I am a hand quilter. I restore/repair antique quilts and hand piece commissioned pieces so I don't have time to create large pieces for myself or family. I love the soft colors in that piece. Have fun.

Very nice!! It's fun to do those small projects once in a while. Nice to get something done quick!!

Blog Entries
    It's pretty. Nice job.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast