Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Collaborative effort -- Mickey Mouse Quilt

Several weeks ago, I posted a request in our classifieds section, requesting a swap -- I wanted MM fabric and would trade some stash for it -- so I could make a MM quilt for the son of a friend of mine.

Wow! Several people responded and offered fabric, but not one wanted to swap, just to give a gift. I felt (and still feel) so grateful to each of them. There was so much fabric!! I made a quilt, a bag, a couple of appliques for shirts, and a halloween trick or treat bag!

Thank you very, very much to the wonderfully generous quilters from this board: DebJ, SusanF, live2teach, zyxquilts, amma, and SarahVincent!!

I did finish and mail it last week, they'll probably get it today.

The quilt picture is before it was washed, so some markings show, but they washed out completely. The label has the quilt name "Mad About The Mouse" and the screen names of the everyone who donated fabric. I used a fabric marker to write it on the backing.

The other things were photographed with my daughter's camera (my batteries had died), and I don't have that here right now...as soon as she comes over again I'll download them.

Thank you so much for contributing the Mickey Mouse fabrics. Corey is 3 and has Down Syndrome. He absolutely *loves* Mickey! If his mom says okay, I'll post a picture of him with his loot.

rf

How cute. Great Job!

Great job I'm sure he'll love them it. Thanks for posting pics.

Very cute! He's going to love his Mickey quilt. A lovely collaborative effort! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

What a great job you did.........people here are great :thumbup:

bj
    That is so cute! My grandson Nicky would love it. Course, he thinks its Nicky Mouse! Can't wait to see all the other loot, too.

Just adorable!!! Once again I am amazed by the folks here!!! Such a great group of people!!! You did a beautiful job with all your gifted fabric.

How awesome! That kind of thing is what makes me glad I found this site! Everyone is so supportive and jumps right in to help one another! I love it! Nice quilt I am sure your little recipient loved it just as well.

Very nice work. And thanks to those that contributed fabric to you.

Everyone here is really very sweet and kind hearted. I think that is a trait that quilters carry. Kyia

Blog Entries
    I'll bet it's with him right now! (Doesn't matter what time you're looking at this. . .) :D

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast