Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Colonial Courtin'

Blog Entries

Colonial Courtin'

Here's another project I promised to show when it got finished. I just read an article that said most quilters are between the ages of 27 and 49. If you fall somewhere in between, there's not a chance you will remember this fabic. It was made by Concord about 30 years ago and I finally got the courage to try to do something with it. It's a lot prettier as my pictures are blurry, but the red border is quilted in hearts. Hope you like and will be incouraged to drag out your old fabric!
    Attached Images Attached Images          

Blog Entries
    Nice

quilters are between 27 and 49
    not in my area.... and I am 49 ++

Very pretty!

I find it hard to believe most quilters are in that age group. Perhaps the survey didn't reach enough older quilters, in order for them to be properly counted.
    Neesie

By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.
    ~Richard Dawkins

Blog Entries
    I find it hard to believe most quilters are in that age group. Perhaps the survey didn't reach enough older quilters, in order for them to be properly counted.
    I agree. I just started quilted 2 years ago when I retired. Had an interest, but was traveling all the time!

Beautiful quilt, I don't remember the fabric but it sure is pretty.
    http://www.skillpages.com/DonnaValleyquiltermo
    Sweet Dreams come from under Cozy Quilts made with love.
    Life is short, take time to enjoy it. Play with your kids and g-kids,
    and do what you can for others.

Blog Entries
    I just reread the article. It's in the Sept/Oct 2012 McCall's Quilting magazine, article called "The Birth of Modern Quilting". The article stated "While 58% of modern quilter are between 26-45 years old, over 29% are over the age of 45." I wonder what it makes me at 68!

I love your quilt. The fancy stitches you used are so in keeping with the crazy quilts of the era.

The article is worded rather specifically. Modern quilting is a specific genre. If they are talking about the genre of "modern" then I would agree with the % of quilters in that age group.

Blog Entries
    Love your quilt - I have not seen a "real" crazy quilt in the long time. It is amazing all the stitches the ladies invented in those days to make these quilts. Wonderful!

Well I'm not in that age bracket (i'm older than 50) maybe they meant that most quilters start quilting at those ages. Any how beautiful quilt. You really did the fabric proud. Great job.
    Cindy

Quote Originally Posted by Neesie View Post
    Very pretty!

AMEN to that!!!
    so many quilts to make, so little time.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast