Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Confused about colors of snow...

Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)
    Blog Entries
    Well, snow fabrics, of course.

There's a collection coming out that will include this pretty snowflake print in three colors.

The blue is easy to understand, the ecru works as a nice wintry neutral, and the pink... that's where I get confused. I like it, it's pretty, but I don't really know about the color. As in, I don't know how you'd use it.

What say you quilters out there?
    Attached Images Attached Images      

The blue is my favorite. I wouldn't know what to do with the pink.

that would look good with a mauve or deep red or burgundy colors maybe a very light pink

Blog Entries
    I have no idea for the pink one

JJs
    Banned
    haven't you guys ever heard of "sky-blue pink"? sheesh, where have you been....

I like them all. I think they'd make great blenders or neutrals in some patterns.
    I really enjoy you posting these new fabrics so I know what to look for in the coming months-thanks!

Favorite Fabrics...you seem to be right on top of the "What's coming out in fabrics"...that is nice! What brand are these snowflakes and when are they due to come out for sale? I just might have to get myself some of this.

Blog Entries
    I think it's a good thing to have an idea what fabrics are going to be coming out... you can better plan your projects. Most designers tend to carry the same color palette forward to their next collection (at least one time)... so you can often count on being able to use your leftovers and make a project by adding just one or two new fabrics. That's cost-effective!

Personally, I'm thrilled that the fabric manufacturers are getting their new collections posted promptly. It helps me to make good buying decisions, when I can see and consider all the fabric offerings, *before* the sales reps come calling. Otherwise, it's too easy to buy the "wrong stuff".

Oh, that sounds bad. Not that fabric can ever be "wrong"... but if I know that the best snowman line is carried by next week's salesman... then there's no need to buy a less-appealing line from this week's salesman. You get the idea.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mamaw
    Favorite Fabrics...you seem to be right on top of the "What's coming out in fabrics"...that is nice! What brand are these snowflakes and when are they due to come out for sale? I just might have to get myself some of this.
    These three are from a group called "Snowmen Make Me Smile" by Henry Glass. Not sure when they'll be in stores; June would be a pretty safe bet.

Here are three others in the same collection (in this context with the mitten print, maybe the pink snowflakes will make more sense):
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Banned
    Hmmmm....I was thinking maybe the pink snowflakes had something to coordinate with them, so maybe the mittens does make pink snowflakes work! But, that red with the writing? Not a fan...........(of course,I'd probably see it used in something and love it!)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast