Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: A couple more re-purposed jeans bags I just finished

Blog Entries

A couple more re-purposed jeans bags I just finished

Ok, we'll, the pink one is really just cotton pants that I thought I would experiment with. They were much easier to work with since they weren't thick denim. Lots of inside pockets etc. The black jeans has the cutest cat fabric!! I also added some cat "bling" and a couple embroidered heart patches to the back. That one is my favorite so far!! These will be added to my inventory for the next craft fair Nov30 which runs 3 days! I hope to get another 7 or 8 done by then.
    Attached Images Attached Images   Click to view large image 

Blog Entries
    This is so cute! Do you have a pattern or did you create this yourself? I have not wanted to make bags, but this is so cute I would like to try it. Good luck with the craft fair.
    Wrinkles are just antique smiles!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by newbee View Post
    This is so cute! Do you have a pattern or did you create this yourself? I have not wanted to make bags, but this is so cute I would like to try it. Good luck with the craft fair.
    I saw a tutorial on line a while ago, basically showing how to cut off the legs and make the bottom. I didn't like the way they did the lining or straps, So I make up my own. I have made around 100 purses this year, of various patterns, so I just "winged" it! I started the jeans bags at someone's request, and the first didn't come out so crash hot, so I was determined to nail it, and now I just love making them! I have done about 15 or so.

Blog Entries
    These are gorgeous handbags. How long did it take you to make one?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by akisan View Post
    These are gorgeous handbags. How long did it take you to make one?
    Thanks! I have it down to around 6 hours or so. Each one I plan as I go. I am a stickler for detail, so I probably take a bit longer than I should, but the outcome is very satisfying. I love to shop for the jeans in the thrift shops, looking for good quality, not much wear and tear, and decorations o. pockets etc. Then, I try to match a fabric that will go with each. Because I line the straps, use fusible fleece on the lining, and make lots of divided pockets inside, Plus I add a key clip tab and matching tissue packet cover, it all adds up.

In the barn when possible otherwise sewing.
    Those are adorable! I love the pink cotton pants one!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltingnd View Post
    Those are adorable! I love the pink cotton pants one!
    That was the first NON-denim one I have done. Much easier to sew, and since it had no other details on pockets, etc, if someone buys its, they can add what ever they want to decorate it. I plan to do more NON-denim when I find the right pants. Nice thing, is there are so many more colors available in just cotton pants.

So cute! I would love to make one for ME ----would you be willing to explain how to make this one. (bottom one)

Those are so cute. I would think they will sell fast!
    Jojos Nana, Carol

These are very cute. Is there a way you could show us a pic of the interior?
    "will you pay attention to me now?" ~Frankie~

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast