Cowboy's quilt >

Cowboy's quilt

Cowboy's quilt

Old 04-23-2016, 08:56 AM
Power Poster

cute dog, well love quilt
Old 04-23-2016, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by Halo View Post
Sure can tell cowboy has loved the quilt all those years. Do you think the pictures sent to you was a hint for a new quilt? LOL
That's part of my problem. The guys told me they are getting married in mid July, so of course a quilt came into my mind immediately.

Then I saw on their facebook page, in a post showing the quilt, that they hope to use it in their wedding quilt. I rarely use facebook so I doubt that statement was meant for me to see it, but now I don't know what to do.

Walmart for a very short while (probably because I kept buying all they had) sold fat quarters with a dog print, one of the dogs being a basenji.
Do you know how rare it is to find a print that has basenjis!!?!!
My plan was to use part of what I bought to make a quilt for them. I really want it to be a secret and if I ask them about using the old tattered quilt, it won't be a secret anymore. Hmmmmmm

I said part of what I bought because I bought 78!! I can get 4 little shapes with basenjis out of each one.
Basenjis on fabric are rare but not unheard of. In the 90's, a shop online was selling boxers, mens clothing, not dogs. They were made of a dog print, and ALL the dogs were basenjis. I bought a couple, now wish I had bought more.

Forgot to say, now we have that company that makes fabric with a print that the buyer designs. I'm going to design one with the cartoon drawings of basenjis that my daughter drew when she was 10.

Last edited by RugosaB; 04-23-2016 at 02:14 PM.
Old 04-23-2016, 02:34 PM

Quilt and dog... both really cute!
Old 04-24-2016, 03:43 AM
Power Poster

Love the way the quilt looked when gifted. Not so sure I would love to see it chewed up or not. But like you say, you did not give any rules when you gave it.
Old 04-24-2016, 04:40 AM

I guess you could call that a very used quilt - dog certainly likes it!
Old 04-24-2016, 04:57 AM

I love it when I see the quilts I made have been used. Maybe they used it till it got pretty worn and the pup loved it so he inherited it.
Old 04-24-2016, 04:59 AM

Originally Posted by Halo View Post
Sure can tell cowboy has loved the quilt all those years. Do you think the pictures sent to you was a hint for a new quilt? LOL
That was my first thought also, looks like Cowboy really would like another one. Look at that adorable face.
Old 04-26-2016, 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by farmquilter View Post
That was my first thought also, looks like Cowboy really would like another one. Look at that adorable face.
Cowboy has almost an exact copy of his mother's head.
She became a Canadian and American champion, and won an Award of Merit at our National one year (those are all great things for a little known owner-handler in the dog world)
Often she won on her head, which was very expressive.
I remember once in the show ring, which she absolutely loved, and showed it, the judge told me, "Let's see the little handful do it." She was very well behaved, just let her face show her enthusiasm. He gave her Best of Opposite sex, beating a dog that won Best of Breed the day before.
It's so rewarding to see these pups that went to well loved homes, which was my priority, though he is an American champion too.

Quilt reference - I'm still thinking about the wedding quilt thing.