Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Crazy blocks >

Crazy blocks

Crazy blocks

Old 12-15-2009, 06:18 AM
Power Poster

Hmmm, I guess with BOTH of you saying its easy, it must be. Yet another thing I'm gonna have to learn to do....in my spare time :lol: :lol: :lol: Yours looks lovely!
Old 12-15-2009, 06:29 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Katrine
Just to say all, I have seen these blocks and they are absolutely beautiful, the photos dont's do Kathryn's work justice - they are exquisite!
Do you guys go to the same guild? You saw them in person, Katrine? I'm so :mrgreen: , LOL!
Maybe someday I will get in my car and hubby can drive me where some of you quilters are...and then there is that trip to France I always wanted to take...

K! your blocks are gorgeous. Now I know y'all aren't expecting that kind of work from me?
I will probably do a lot of machine stitches...ok, so not as heirloomy, LOL...but mousie has a lot to do and ain't gettin no younger.
I gotta get quilty things done before my Big Ears start drooping and get in my way. I need to be able to see :lol:
Old 12-16-2009, 02:05 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
Do you guys go to the same guild? You saw them in person, Katrine? I'm so :mrgreen: , LOL!
Maybe someday I will get in my car and hubby can drive me where some of you quilters are...and then there is that trip to France I always wanted to take...

K! your blocks are gorgeous. Now I know y'all aren't expecting that kind of work from me?
I will probably do a lot of machine stitches...ok, so not as heirloomy, LOL...but mousie has a lot to do and ain't gettin no younger.
I gotta get quilty things done before my Big Ears start drooping and get in my way. I need to be able to see :lol:
No Mousie, we met when i posted on a forum for Brits living in France asking if anyone knew of a guild. Katrine responded and we got together - she lives about 15 mins from me and we meet up every couple of weeks and talk quilting! She showed me how to FMQ and I got her into OBW! :D

And i would have thought your little Mousie paws would be capable of teeny, tiny exquisite little hand stitches! :mrgreen:
Old 12-16-2009, 06:27 AM
Power Poster

Oh but k...wouldn't those really be "teeny tiny paw stitches"???? Little mousie..you are selling yourself short (heehee..pun intended)....I've seen your work in person and it is exquisite! You just go for it...see..you have the advantage, you can wrap that cute skinny tail around to help hold things while you are adding your doodads and such.. :lol:
Old 12-16-2009, 07:31 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sandpat
Oh but k...wouldn't those really be "teeny tiny paw stitches"???? Little mousie..you are selling yourself short (heehee..pun intended)....I've seen your work in person and it is exquisite! You just go for it...see..you have the advantage, you can wrap that cute skinny tail around to help hold things while you are adding your doodads and such.. :lol:
you guys are a riot!
using my tail to help hold my work...now why didn't I think of that? I'm usually busy trying to keep it out of traps!
Well, I would like to add some embroidery to the skirt, but no beads and such, since it will be used to pile things on.
I have to laugh...once again, my mousie mouth has talked me into a new project...and that's great,...but my other projects are getting noivus :roll:
(have no fear, all my piled up, wip's...mousie will get to you all...eventually :wink: )
Old 12-16-2009, 07:36 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by k3n
Originally Posted by quiltncrazy

No Mousie, we met when i posted on a forum for Brits living in France asking if anyone knew of a guild. Katrine responded and we got together - she lives about 15 mins from me and we meet up every couple of weeks and talk quilting! She showed me how to FMQ and I got her into OBW! :D

And i would have thought your little Mousie paws would be capable of teeny, tiny exquisite little hand stitches! :mrgreen:
dat's the problemo...my paws trying to imitate hand-stitching! i love your blocks, K.
They look good as crumbs, but with the embr. and silk r. embr....I have books, btw...I looooove that stuff...haven't done any...too afraid to ruin my ribbons :shock:
anywhoo...how fun to have a quilter buddy, close by, huh?
So many I want to visit. I'm not sure, but I think Ninnie may be the closest to me.
Think somebody on board is in Jacksonville. That is not as far as s. carolina...but have you ever drove there????
or someplace like that...think: crazy, crazy...and that is what it's like. not this mouse, uh-uh! :thumbdown: