Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Crazy Eights

Blog Entries

Crazy Eights

I have not posted anything except comments for some time so here is a pic of what I am working on now. The pattern is called Crazy Eights. I do not know where I got it but it was in a small clear envelope. I am guessing someone got it at a quilt shop and how it ended up with me...who knows. anyhow, it requires 8 FQ's. I decided after I got it all sandwiched, that I would just practice my FMQ on it, even if it wasn't perfect. I thought it would fit the theme to just quilt 8's in the body of the quilt in each square so that is what I did. Of course, I had to make 'traveling lines' or whatever they are called, too. Then I decided to try writing (cursive) around the inner border. Then I quilted the outer border and put 8's on it. Now I am adding the binding. I wanted to tell you that I learned one lesson. If you do decide to add a quilted design to the outer border, please remember, (I did not even think of it at the time!) to leave at least 1/2 inch for the trimming and the binding to be sewn on. I will post a finished picture when binding is done. But however it turns out, it will still be a warm quilt.
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image  Click to view large image 
    She who dies with the most fabric, didn't sew fast enough!

Oh is that pretty. Your colors are so gorgeous. Congrats on your FMQ. With every quilt, it gets easier and you will grow more confident.
    DEB CAVAN

That is really pretty!!!! I love the colors!
    Gloria 

Blog Entries
    quilting 8's was creative

It turned out very pretty ~ great job!

I did this pattern in a baby quilt. It was so cute and easy. I bought the pattern at a quilt shop. Yours is lovely.

Lovely quilt!!

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!

such a cute quilt! I love your quilting too.. cute idea to do the crazy eight theme.

This is so pretty! I love the color of the fabrics.
    God, Wonderful Family, Great Health, Awesome Friends, Quilting & Chocolates - - What more could a girl be blessed with!!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast