Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Criss Cross Coasters

Banned
    I was just going thru some of the little gifts I have been making and putting aside for when I need something..I made these little criss cross coasters from a tutorial I found on line
    http://www.allsorts.typepad.com/alls...ross_coas.html

they are so fast and easy and good way to use up small pieces of fabrics
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Those are really nice.

Blog Entries
    Love that pattern and how clever to have them made up as extras :mrgreen:

Those are so cute. Thankyou for sharing the link!

These are cute and come in handy for gifts, On our bus trip to Mary Jo's a few years back I made 45 sets of these for our members, thanks for posting the link so others can start making a few sets for the holidays. Denise

Hmmm, ok, I'm not sure if I'm being dimwitted or what, but I don't know if I get how this pattern works. When you turn it out "like a sock", does that make it so you can't see the 2 unfolded squares you started with?

And how do you get them to look like x's instead of 4 patches? I'm just a newbie.

Those are fun to make. I was given the pattern plus the fabrics (precut) and batting to make a set of these and have been making them ever since. I made some on my last quilting retreat and left them for the retreat center to use. I also showed several of the ladies there how to make them. They make great thank you, thinking of you, welcome, or just about any other thing you can think of that you need a small gift for. They can also be made by folding the fabric in half from side to side and then they look like a four patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheriefaye2008
    Hmmm, ok, I'm not sure if I'm being dimwitted or what, but I don't know if I get how this pattern works. When you turn it out "like a sock", does that make it so you can't see the 2 unfolded squares you started with?

And how do you get them to look like x's instead of 4 patches? I'm just a newbie.
    Fold them on the diagonal. I use a piece of Warm and Natural batting or a piece of craft felt. On top of that I lay one square of fabric face up. Then weave the folded (and pressed) pieces on top of that and pin them in place. Then I sew about 3/8" inside the edge, trim the corners and flip the folds over the batting. I also then use a little 1/4"x 1 1/2-2" piece of fusing just under the edge after I flip them to hold the folds in place. It keeps the centers right next to each other.

I make something like these but I use circles and then you can put a stemmed glass right inside of them and it stays right with your glass.

Blog Entries
    And, how do you "turn them out" if you don't leave an opening? The instructions said to sew all the way around? I'm confused.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast