Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: CW quilt in the making...

Very nice job!! I like it! And I am not a big CW fabric fan. I guess it must be the cultural relevance aspect.... or not!

It's looking great! I love that you made it scrappy! More opportunities to buy different fabrics!

Blog Entries
    Chele--you're right--I had to buy a LOT. It's kind of a backwards idea to make a scrap quilt when one doesn't have an inch of needed fabric. :roll: But--it was fun to shop. I sold that sunflower quilt last year and spent all the $$ on these fabrics. :wink: We celebrate our 25th next year--I'll tell Mark it's his anniversary gift. :D

It's getting tricky to make a one-of-a-kind square with what's left--but I'm not against making two of Mark's favorites.

I'm thinking when it's all done--it will take a LONG time to arrange it in a way that suits me.

I already have the border and backing fabrics--the borders are a striped piece--which I've never worked with before. I'll have to ask for hints on how to keep it straight.

Any leftover will be used for a Broken Dishes, I think. Sigh--so many plans, so little time.

Very nice work, it looks PERFECT! You have a lot of work in this and should be very proud.

Karla, I LOVE IT!!!!! You have done a fantastic job with the piecing and fabric selection and pattern selection and and well it is just gorgeous!!!!!!!! :D

I love it, I've been collecting charms and fats, etc. for a CW someday. Not sure what it will be- maybe stars, maybe triangles, maybe a more involved pattern. Haven't found one yet that draws my attention. Of course, after seeing yours I may need to move this one up the "to do" list!

Holy Seams Batman....GORGEOUS!!! All those little points. I'm a beginner, but work like this keeps me going. I know, with practice, I can make something like that someday!

WOW I love it! What a nice gift to yourself! :D

That's going to be one pretty quilt! Do you think Mark will share with you once it's done? :)
    WTG!! I just love it!!

Blog Entries
    Karla, you have done an absolutely beautiful job. My, all of the work you have put into this project. I really admire your work. Keep up the good work.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast