Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: DD's Littlest Pets :o)

This top is DONE!!!! It was originally supposed to be a Disappearing Nine Patch...but when I told DD that I was going to CUT the black flowered fabric, the poor girl started CRYING! So we improvised, she picked out some sashing, which there wasn't enough of to do a border, so she picked the yellow, which matches the hearts in the LPS fabric and that made her happy. There are about a million things that I hate about this top...but I won't list them, because the end result is a happy little girl with a quilt she loves (besides, I posted my complaining vent earlier today, :lol: ). And those pets?? All fussy cut. I tried to cut them all a little differently, so they weren't exactly the same. Ok, I lied - I HATE fussy cutting and I don't ever intend to do it again! LOL

kriskraft and wolph33, you should recognize some of the fabric. Thank you both, DD is totally in love with them.

The whole thing - It looks a lot better in a small picture than it does up close...LOL
    Name:  Attachment-153941.jpe
Views: 27
Size:  150.7 KB

close up of fabrics and little pets
    Name:  Attachment-153942.jpe
Views: 31
Size:  131.0 KB

Blog Entries
    What a good Mommy! Your daughter will have many good memories with her quilt!

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Deema, that is just precious!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
    Bet you're glad it's done!!! lol

You made a good choice of not cutting the flowers. I like it just like that. Those eyes will keep her attention for a long time.
    Good job.

Nothing is better than something made with love!

I think it's great

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by deema
    This top is DONE!!!! It was originally supposed to be a Disappearing Nine Patch...but when I told DD that I was going to CUT the black flowered fabric, the poor girl started CRYING! So we improvised, she picked out some sashing, which there wasn't enough of to do a border, so she picked the yellow, which matches the hearts in the LPS fabric and that made her happy. There are about a million things that I hate about this top...but I won't list them, because the end result is a happy little girl with a quilt she loves (besides, I posted my complaining vent earlier today, :lol: ). And those pets?? All fussy cut. I tried to cut them all a little differently, so they weren't exactly the same. Ok, I lied - I HATE fussy cutting and I don't ever intend to do it again! LOL

kriskraft and wolph33, you should recognize some of the fabric. Thank you both, DD is totally in love with them.
    It's hard to make blocks with Dora too!! :lol:

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Well, at least she knows her own mind! And you are right, the most important thing is the happy little girl. Good job Mom!!

That is SO ADORABLE!!!!

THAT IS ADORABLE!

Cute quilt!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast