Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Deployment quilt-got the crest finished! >

Deployment quilt-got the crest finished!

Deployment quilt-got the crest finished!

Old 05-03-2013, 07:10 AM

Default Deployment quilt-got the crest finished!

This one might have a couple of progress posts. I just had to share the crest with my ladies here who understand quilting! My family just looks at it and says "yeah, that's nice" and goes back to whatever they were doing. Do you sometimes feel that your cat is more interested in your quilting than your family???
Anyway, the top is almost done. The crest is about 2' x 4'. Now to attach the crest and get it quilted.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 05-03-2013, 07:13 AM

Did I mention that one of my boys is in the 101st Airborne and is leaving for Afghanistan this week? He didn't want to take it with him, but I bet he changes his mind by wintertime!
Old 05-03-2013, 07:20 AM

I know what you mean about people not showing much interest in quilts. Yes my cats show more interest than anybody. LOL. Now that being said, I love crest that you have made & hope to see the completed quilt. Please thank your Son for helping to protect us all. I pray that he stay safe & come home ASAP.
Old 05-03-2013, 07:30 AM

That is wonderful! Praying for your sons safety . Have a grandson over there now. He was deployed a month after his son was born.
Old 05-03-2013, 08:05 AM

That is wonderful!!! I am praying for all of our heroes overseas. Thank your son for his service. My DH and myself both retired from the Navy and have 46 yrs of service between the two of us. We so appreciate what this generation is doing for us!!!
Old 05-03-2013, 08:08 AM
Power Poster

looks good so far, please thank him for his service
Old 05-03-2013, 08:25 AM

My daughter suggested that for my son, that I mail the quilt prior so that it will be there when he arrives.
Old 05-03-2013, 08:39 AM

I understand completely...my oldest daughter is somewhat interested in my quilts and even has requested a chevron quilt which thrills me. But...I have lots of quilting friends that are interested in my work and that is enough.

Your shield (crest) is wonderful. Very impressive. I think you are right...he will wish he took it with him. How proud he is going to be when you give him the finish quilt. He will most certainly take notice of it then.
Old 05-03-2013, 08:48 AM

Thank him for his service, and God keep him safe. My friend's son is over there for his 3rd tour, and he sure appriecates the quilt his mom made for him. He's taken it every time. She also made cushions for the truck the guys would ride. When his buddies saw his cushion, they wanted one also. She did make them all one. Your quilt will be a work of art for him!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you for posting.
Old 05-03-2013, 09:49 AM

You will find comfort in the process of making it while he is deployed. I made a quilt for my son during his last deployment and it really helped me to get through the rough time. I don't think I ever posted pictures, I should do that! I know what you mean about support from fellow quilters! I have several different sources for support, but it is not usually from home Your crest looks great, can't wait to see the finished product!