Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 11 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Dialysis Quilt

Blog Entries

Dialysis Quilt

Our friend, John, has been on dialysis for eighteen years. He declined a kidney transplant, saying that those were for kids and married folks. He seems to be more frail every time I see him. He's always cold, wearing sweatshirts and a stocking hat even during the summer, and so the spousal unit and I decided he needed a quilt. It's nothing really special, nor is my work up to the standards of many (most) of the ladies here, but John loved it, and I guess he's the one that counts!

The photo of the quilt by itself is kind of funky...don't know why it looks pink, the white is actually white.
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image  Click to view large image 
    Last edited by Charlee; 11-02-2011 at 08:17 PM.
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

Blog Entries
    very nice quilt
    Nancy in western NY

The quilt is very nice however, you are the nicest! What a wonderful gesture.

Blog Entries
    Charlee, You did a beautiful job! I love the quilt. John looks extremely happy too.

Very nice quilt. I remember when my mil was on dialysis everyone at the center got cold when doing the dialysis. I wish now that I had been quilting then and had made her a quilt instead of buying her a blanket to wrap up in. I am sure your friend really appreciates you gift.

You did a beautiful job on the quilt!!! And you have a heart of gold as well.
    CAgirl1

The quilt you made is very pretty.

you did a nice job on his quilt and he seems very pleased with it. what a wonderful thing to do for him

Banned
    Blog Entries
    A great job on your quilt! This was such a kind and thoughtful thing to do! Blessings to you!

What a beautiful quilt Charlee. I love the colors. It's such a good feeling when we do things for others especially the ones who really need and appreciate what we do.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 ... LastLast