Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Disappearing 9p--disappeared veteran's quilt

Blog Entries
    wow! He will be so thankful to receive such a beautiful gift. Amazing. Great Job!
    Have a Blessed & Prosperous Day !
    Chris.

Kudos to you, and please, thank him for his service from me as well!
    ~ Kevin the Quilter ~

It is just fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its beautiful,he's at that age he will be telling everyone about it when he gets the quilt,well done.
    God Bless you all.
    Heather.

that's a great quilt...very creative...
    So many quilts, so little time :-)

Blog Entries
    A very wonderful quilt and sure to be so loved and cherished!
    Helen T.

Bless you! It will mean so much to him! I saw that show and was so inspired. I have picked out material and have a plan to make a quilt for a vietnam veteran who we have known for years! I was certainly proud of all the efforts by the wonderful quilters who made and donated quilts to service men and woman at Fort Hood and other places. Just goes to show us, that there are still wonderful, caring people in the world who serves our country with their heart and soul at so many levels.
    I made my dh a Marine quilt 2 yrs ago and he loved it. Need to make our son one also, he also was stationed at Fort Hood when he served..gee I got lots of sewing to do!
    Last edited by deedum; 09-16-2012 at 05:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by deedum View Post
    Bless you! It will mean so much to him! I saw that show and was so inspired. I have picked out material and have a plan to make a quilt for a vietnam veteran who we have known for years! I was certainly proud of all the efforts by the wonderful quilters who made and donated quilts to service men and woman at Fort Hood and other places. Just goes to show us, that there are still wonderful, caring people in the world who serves our country with their heart and soul at so many levels.
    I made my dh a Marine quilt 2 yrs ago and he loved it. Need to make our son one also, he also was stationed at Fort Hood when he served..gee I got lots of sewing to do!
    Thank you all for the kind comments. He is a very dear soul that I didn't even know about 14 months ago. As my mother used to say, "he doesn't have many of this world's goods," which was her way of saying "as poor as a church mouse." Any consolation that he can receive at this stage of his life, he has well deserved. For those of you who have made QOV for so many years, bless your efforts.
    Last edited by Quilter 65; 09-16-2012 at 05:55 PM.

I think you did a wonfderful job. I know it will bring tears to his eyes. GOD Bless

Just wonderful, great job and thank you for sharing, but I am parcel, old Navy gal married to old Navy guy.
    Have a Blessed day
    Ellen

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast