Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
DNP I Spy set traditionally >

DNP I Spy set traditionally

DNP I Spy set traditionally

Old 07-29-2010, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by angelwatcher
Originally Posted by Ladymurphy
Thanks for the visual. I am definately going to do this. What size squares did you start with?
I can't remember for sure, it was over a year ago and I gave the quilt away. They may be 4.5" as that's a favorite size of mine, (out of a fat quarter you can get more pcs. and we were trading fabrics) but they could be 5" too. If I find my instructions, I taught this at the LQS, I'll post them.
I found my instructions, I used 4"x 4" squares for all the 9 patch squares in this particular quilt. I used 12 nine patch blocks.For the lattice and cornerstone to complete the top and side, I cut a black strip 4" x WOF and a yellow strip 2" x WOF. Sew these together and cut apart at 2" intervals. I used a 4" wide border.

There are many variations to the "I Spy" quilts. I used 48 different novelty fabrics. If you used 2 each of the same novelty fabrics, ie. you would then need 24 different fabrics, then the child has to find the matching ones. Put family photos in place of some of the novelty fabrics for a personal touch. The possibilities are endless.