Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Do these look ok?

Banned
    Maybe its because I haven't sewn in a while, but I do And don't like them. Heres the pattern idea(free on internet/no longer there BOM), then my pic

***copyrighted material deleted***

Banned
    :D
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I think it is pretty neat! I like the scrappy look.

Izy
    Scrappy is GREAT :D

I am in the midst of doing one right now Bev, all you need to be aware of is the colour value, dark, medium and light and just try and mix them up so they aren't touching each other, that way each section will be more defined andthe four patch will stand out in the centre more....hope I am helping...not hindering lol!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Izy

I am in the midst of doing one right now Bev, all you need to be aware of is the colour value, dark, medium and light and just try and mix them up so they aren't touching each other, that way each section will be more defined andthe four patch will stand out in the centre more....hope I am helping...not hindering lol!!
    THAT"S IT.. I couldn't quite put my finger on it, but see it now in the pattern. All the small squares are drk/med, and the long ones are lighter..... Aaaaaaaaahaaaaaa Ok I knew I'd get my help here. Thanks hun. Off to try a new one

You go girl it will be smasing for sure!!!.....:-)......

Izy
    Quote Originally Posted by Bevanger
    Quote Originally Posted by Izy

THAT"S IT.. I couldn't quite put my finger on it, but see it now in the pattern. All the small squares are drk/med, and the long ones are lighter..... Aaaaaaaaahaaaaaa Ok I knew I'd get my help here. Thanks hun. Off to try a new one
    Bev what I have found regarding colour value is it is all relative, one colour may look dark next to one fabric, and medium next to another, just play around with them, its down to contrast too, heavy pattern versus plain..........sure is getting technical lol!! :lol:

Excellent advice from Izy--your fabrics are great Bev---going to be a wonderful scrappy quilt!!

Banned
    Girlfriend don't confuse me anymore then I am :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: Is this better?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Bevanger
    Girlfriend don't confuse me anymore then I am :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: Is this better?

Excellent! You've got it. :thumbup: That is going to be a pretty quilt.

I get hung up on values (colors) sometime too. :-)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast