Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Does your longarm groups give ribbons?

Does your longarm groups give ribbons?

Hello everyone,

I am taking a pole if possible about if the quilt groups you belong to, do they recognize the longarmer on a quilt the wins a ribbon? So if a customer gives you a quilt, tells you that it is going to be entered in a show, and it then wins, any placement, does your longarm group give you a "longarm ribbon?" Please let me know.

Rose in AZ.
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 09-22-2012 at 03:02 PM. Reason: remove PII
    Quilting away.

My quilt guild is currently running our show. We display the name of the quilter, but he/she does not get a ribbon. Our county fair does not offer ribbons for the quilter, either. As a long arm quilter, I do not think it is right...the quilting is half of the quilts appeal, sometimes it is all of the appeal.
    May the scrap fairy visit your sewing room often

Quote Originally Posted by DianneK View Post
    My quilt guild is currently running our show. We display the name of the quilter, but he/she does not get a ribbon. Our county fair does not offer ribbons for the quilter, either. As a long arm quilter, I do not think it is right...the quilting is half of the quilts appeal, sometimes it is all of the appeal.
    I hate to say it but I totally agree. I've seen some...er, "homely" quilts brought to beautiousness with the quilting! (How do ya like my new word? Ha!)

I'm a longarm quilter and since I am paid for my service-quilting the quilt-I don't expect to share in any prize money or ribbon received by the person who owns the quilt. I do like to have my name noted as the quilter but nothing more.
    jackie

Power Poster
    I've never heard of that before!